Friday, September 2, 2011



In the process of building this memorial I have had to to weep out many questions to G-d. I have read many, many memoirs of people who survived the Holocaust, they are not historians, they are history itself.  When you read the books written by Historians, you see the people who went through the holocaust as one group. You see only the facts of the group, but what of the individual? Each survivor has a different story and with each story is a face, a name and a soul. The same is true with the dead. Many times after reading these horrific tales my dreams are haunted by them. My mind wonders into the past and in my dreams I experience the Holocaust: my child has been ripped from my arms, my family has been murdered before my eyes, I have seen children shot down as though they were nothing. But, I awoke. I awoke from these dreams and my family was alive an well. My dreams were... well dreams. And yet how my soul has wept and I wonder often if Christ weeps constantly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment